Friday, December 30, 2011

Grateful Rachel, For A Change


Psalm 30, King James Version

I will extol thee, O LORD, for Thou hast raised me up, and hast not suffered mine enemies to rejoice over me.

O LORD my God, I cried unto Thee, and Thou didst heal me;
O LORD, Thou broughtest up my soul from the nether-world; Thou didst keep me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
Sing praise unto the LORD, O ye His godly ones, and give thanks to His holy name.
For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for a life-time; weeping may tarry for the night, but joy cometh in the morning.
Now I had said in my security: “I shall never be moved.”
Thou hadst established, O LORD, in Thy favor my mountain as a stronghold
Thou didst hide Thy face; I was affrighted.
Unto Thee, O LORD, did I call, and unto the LORD I made supplication:
“What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit?
Shall the dust praise Thee? shall it declare Thy truth?
Hear, O LORD, and be gracious unto me; LORD, be Thou
my helper.”
Thou didst turn for me my mourning into dancing; Thou didst loose my sackcloth, and gird me with gladness;
So that my glory may sing praise to Thee, and not be silent;

O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto Thee forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment